Bright Lemon Pasta Delight!

As with the cauliflower tacos, I fear I might wear Matt out on this recipe.  I am just so in taken with it I basically drool at the mention of it.  I want this lemon goodness on the menu every week.  The scrumptious bright flavors, the satisfying, comforting textures...mmmmmmm, I can't seem to get enough.  Usually I'm not too picky about fresh lemon juice vs. bottled, but I do think fresh is fairly critical in this recipe.  

This also works well as a sauce for rice, though I do prefer it on pasta.  But, duh!  It's pasta!
Lemon Pasta Delight with pine nuts
Lemon Pasta Delight
4-6 servings pasta
the juice from one lemon
3 cloves garlic, minced/micro-planed
1 1/2 t honey
1/2 t Dijon or brown mustard
2 T olive oil
2 t lemon zest (zest lemons prior to juicing)
1/3 C toasted nuts--chopped walnuts, almond slivers, pine nuts, etc.
1/4 C fresh parsley, chopped
Several twists fresh ground black pepper, to taste
salt, to taste

Make pasta directed (reserve a little of the pasta cooking water).  
Whisk all other ingredients together (except nuts and parsley). 
Toss pasta/rice with the toasted nuts, parsley, and lemon sauce.  If the pasta is too dry add the reserved cooking water--1 T at a time--until it achieves a better ratio. 

Variation: Place all ingredients except pasta in blender and puree into a lemony pesto-like sauce.  Reserve some toasted nuts for the top!
Lemon Pasta Delight - Pesto Style

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas. I value the advice and friendship that you share with me!

Popular Posts